From: Khumba <bog@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge latest in a certain version series of a package
Date: Sat, 01 Feb 2014 01:51:52
1 On Fri, 31 Jan 2014 22:47:31 +0000
2 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3
4 > On Fri, 31 Jan 2014 19:41:09 +0200, Thanasis wrote:
5 >
6 > > > <sys-kernel/gentoo-sources-3.11
7 > > >
8 > > > Of course if all 3.10 kernels are removed from the tree then this will
9 > > > pull in a wrong kernel, but I *think* that's valid world file
10 > > > syntax...
11 > > >
12 > >
13 > > I don't know if what you're suggesting would work, yet if you noticed as
14 > > I wrote in the first place, I would also like to pull in the *latest*
15 > > gentoo-sources, *independently* of any specific series/subseries.
16 > > Do you think it would work?
17 >
18 > I think it would, I used to have a general gentoo-sources plus specific
19 > versions in world before it was possible to use sets to stop older
20 > kernels being depcleaned. If you have the above line plus an unversioned
21 > atom, I think you should get something close to what you want.
22 >
23 > Of course, there's an easy way to tell if it would work...
24
25 Yeah sorry, I should have been clearer, I meant with two separate atoms.
26
27 - Khumba