From: Willie Wong <wwong@××××××××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Filesystem corruption - reiserfs? - won't boot, "filesystem couldn't be fixed :("
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2010 12:43:12
1 On Wed, Mar 03, 2010 at 12:24:42PM +0000, Stroller wrote:
2 > There seem to have been a few people posting with filesystem
3 > corruption in the last week or two. It seems to be my turn, so I hope
4 > it isn't contagious. The cause here is quite clear - whilst rummaging
5 > in the server cupboard yesterday, power to the machine was
6 > accidentally disconnected.
7 >
8 > I have booted with a live CD & run `reiserfsck --fix-fixable` on the
9 > filesystem, but nevertheless when I attempt to boot the system I get a
10 > "failed to open the device... no such file or directory" message,
11 > followed by another error as per subject line.
12
13 from the output it looks like you are mounting by label? What if you
14 edit fstab to point to the device name /dev/hd?? instead of
15 LABEL=root? Check the filesystem label to make sure it is ok?
16
17 Cheers,
18
19 W
20 --
21 Willie W. Wong wwong@××××××××××××××.edu
22 Data aequatione quotcunque fluentes quantitae involvente fluxiones invenire
23 et vice versa ~~~ I. Newton