From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] no audio on cisco webex
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2013 15:46:56
1 On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 7:54 AM, Douglas J Hunley <doug.hunley@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I've got a brand new 64bit install of Gentoo here with Java and Flash
3 > and it absolutely will not provide the audio portion of any Cisco
4 > Webex meeting. I can see the presentation part w/o issue, I can watch
5 > Youtube w/o issue, and I can even do a video call over Skype without
6 > issue. Which all leads me to believe that my audio works :)
7 >
8 > Does anyone now the magic needed to make Webex perform correctly?
9
10 I have not used webex, but my googling seems to indicate the plugin
11 uses 32-bit libraries and you'll need to run a 32-bit browser in order
12 for sound to work on linux (or perhaps 64-bit browser using 32-bit
13 java through nspluginwrapper or something like that).