From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT] - What SATA CD-R/DVD-R drive manufacturer to buy?
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 20:26:10
1 Hi,
2 My 5-year old gentoo-AMD64 machine when up in smoke this week so I'm
3 building a new machine. Most parts are on order but one big change
4 these days is the motherboards I want to purchase no longer support
5 EIDE/ATAPI interfaces so I'll have to get a new CD-R/DVD-R drive to
6 get the OS loaded and for writing mostly audio discs using
7 cdda2wav/cdrecord. While I understand firmware is often a problem on
8 these drives I'm wondering what drive manufacturers folks would
9 recommend these days as having the best results with cdrecord?
10
11 Thanks,
12 Mark