From: james <garftd@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: garftd@×××××××.net
Subject: [gentoo-user] pkcs#11
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2017 18:26:36
1 Hello one and all,
2
3 I was looking at planet.gentoo.org and saw several (ultrabug) posts
4 that involve pkcs#11; particularly related to the yubikey device.
5 Looking around, there are SmartCards (SC) that be used in lieu of
6 the Yubikey, and other schemes some with some without 2FactorAuth.
7
8 Here is a source of 'Generic' SC::
9 https://github.com/OpenSC/OpenSC/wiki/Supported-hardware-%28smart-cards-and-USB-tokens%29
12 Has anyone a simple, basic implemention of pksc#11 ? That uses one of
13 those Generic SC?
16 I guess what I'm really looking for is a master list of ebuilds
17 (overlays) that one has or possible could use to implement any form of
18 PKCS#11 on a gentoo server, workstation, or embedded system? I've been
19 googling on this a bit, but my keyword combos have not been very fruitful.
22 Any of this on a gentoo-hardened profile? Amd64 would be perfect
23 but any processor/platform running any form of gentoo, would be keen.
24 Work on another, like Debian or Arch would be of interest, too.
25 Discussion or suggestions are most welcome, as this is not my normal
26 area of interest. Any PCKS#11 (or as embodied in newer standards) usage
27 on a gentoo cloud would be most exciting, for me.
30 curiously,
31 James