From: Black Napalm <bnapalm@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Forcing X.org video driver without xorg.config
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2010 12:05:18
1 Hello!
2
3 I am trying to set up X.org and the Gentoo X Server configuration
4 HOWTO says that HAL should be used and that xorg.conf should only be
5 used as a last resort. However, when running X without a configuration
6 file, it autodetects the video card and tries to load the wrong
7 drivers, which I haven't installed, and therefore fails.
8 Is there a way to force X to use a specific driver without using a
9 configuration file? I am not really familiar with HAL, but it seems as
10 though none of the provided policies have anything to do with video
11 cards.
12
13 Thank you in advance!