From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] high load from x11-terms/terminator
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 13:30:18
1 On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 7:23 AM, Stefan G. Weichinger <lists@×××××.at> wrote:
2 >
3 > Greets,
4 >
5 > I use x11-terms/terminator most of the time and over the last few days I
6 > noticed that these processes generate a high load on my CPUs.
7 >
8 > The processes also seem to hang around even after I close the
9 > terminator-windows!
10 >
11 > Rebuilding the pkg (and gnome-terminal as well, just in case) has not
12 > yet helped ... it's ~amd64 here, everything up to date so far ... Gnome
13 > 2.32 btw
14 >
15 > Anyone else noticed this?
16 > Any idea what to look at?
17 >
18 > I already did revdep-rebuild, "emerge -avuDN world" ... a reboot etc
19
20 That sounds a *lot* like a software bug. Particularly, some supporting
21 thread gets stuck in an infinite loop (or some wake event or some such
22 never gets reset), but the main thread continues. Main thread dies
23 when the app is closed, but the supporting thread continues.
24
25 I'd suggest trying older versions until you find what the last version
26 was that didn't have the bug, and then file a bug report so the
27 developer can get it fixed.
30 :wq