From: Vaeth <vaeth@××××××××××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: CORRECTION - Problem with eix-REMOTE update...
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 05:42:55
1 >> I haven't searched layman for packages in a long time (actually had to
2 >> google how to do it), and am getting an error I can't seem to solve...
3
4 Unfortunately, you have not written the actual error
5 which should appear probably a few (probably one) lines before:
6
7 >> problems arised with cachefile _var_lib_layman_zugaina.eix
8 >> * Calling eix-update...
9 >> * could not read all eix cachefiles of
10 >> /tmp/eix-remote.dhR5mKNK/eix-caches.tbz2
11
12 Maybe this error speaks about differing versions?
13
14 >> Conversely, if the downloaded versions are even newer than that
15 >> supported by your eix, you will have to upgrade to the most current ~x86
16 >> version of eix to use eix-remote: This inconvenience cannot be avoided
17 >> and is not a bug!
18
19 So if it is the differing versions problem, the solution is to
20 upgrade to the most recent (~x86) version of eix, currently eix-0.25.3:
21 echo app-portage/eix >>/etc/portage/package.accept_keywords && emerge eix