From: George Roberts <georoberts@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] I thought /etc/X11/xorg.conf was set in stone
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 03:33:05
1 According to the man xorg.conf the search paths are different depending
2 who is starting X. If X is started by a user the search paths are not
3 as extensive as if X is started by root. If root was the one to start X
4 then it could be able to pick up the xorg.conf I had stashed in the /
5 folder.
6 The sudden switch from my /etc/X11/xorg.conf to /xorg.conf is what
7 triggered my confusion.
10 Brett I. Holcomb wrote:
11
12 > My understanding is that X searches the path given in xorg.conf
13 > irregardless of who starts it but I may be wrong. I use xdm, not gdm.
14 >