From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] installing/upgrading with emerge from non-root
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2009 20:59:00
1 On 5 Aug 2009, at 16:14, Kevin Haddock wrote:
2
3 > I'm trying to do distributed compile with a remote machine that I
4 > don't have root password to. I have a local account with sudo
5 > permissions and an account of the same name on the remote machine.
6
7 If you don't have the root password then just `sudo passwd root`.
8
9 Alternatively: `sudo su -`.
10
11 If someone doesn't want you to have the root password or to change it
12 like that, then you're already (changing permissions of your own user
13 & randomly changing permissions of programs) messing around with the
14 machine more than you should be.
15
16 Stroller.