From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] umount nfs share
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 13:19:08
1 I'm trying t umount an nfs mounted share but am told the resource is
2 busy. umount -f fails too.
3
4 So first I turned off all the xterms I had running which should have
5 killed any shell operating there.
6
7 Still says resouce is busy.
8
9 So trying to see what is doing it with `lsof'
10
11 However, when I run `lsof' (no arguments), it fails to produce any
12 output.
13
14 Just been setting there for 5-6 minutes, now. When I know from past
15 use it should have produced quite a pile of output.
16
17 I tried a lsof option that is supposed to show specifically nfs
18 related
19
20 ( lsof -b /nfs/mount/point)
21
22 So trying it on the one reporting `busy'
23 lsof -b /projects
24
25 Which gave a gout of output with this kind of stuff in it:
26
27 lsof: avoiding readlink(/projects): -b was specified.
28 lsof: avoiding readlink(/): -b was specified.
29 lsof: avoiding stat(/): -b was specified.
30 lsof: WARNING: can't stat() rootfs file system /
31 Output information may be incomplete.
32 lsof: avoiding readlink(/): -b was specified.
33 lsof: avoiding stat(/): -b was specified.
34 lsof: WARNING: can't stat() reiserfs file system /
35 Output information may be incomplete.
36
37 [...]
38
39 Anyone know what might be going on here?