From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] How to tie module name to Kernel CONFIG
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 20:57:00
1 Summary:
2 How can I tie a module name (tg3) to a kernel config line?
3
4 Details:
5 Usually its kind of obvious if you dig around in .config a bit, but
6 now always.
7
8 I find the module at /lib/modules/2.6.24*/:
9 ../kernel/drivers/net/tg3.ko
10
11 But I haven't been able to nail that to a kernel config line.
12
13 Searches inside menuconfig on TG3 turn up nothing.
14
15 grep -i tg3 of the .config file find nothing. I'm pretty sure it
16 located between
17
18 `# Protocols'
19 (line 1139)
20
21 and
22
23 `# Wireless'
24 (line 1327)
25
26 I'm sure it could be different in different .config files but those
27 two section headings should be there... maybe not on those line
28 numbers.
29
30 It is a section that covers many of the network drivers
31
32 After scanning there I still am not sure where tg3 comes from or what
33 it is.