From: Hong Hao <oahong@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Firefox is currently in offline mode and can't browse the Web
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 04:46:33
1 On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 06:22:45AM +0200, Miernik wrote:
2 > I installed a new Gentoo installation, and now when I open Firefox I get:
5 > Firefox is currently in offline mode and can't browse the Web.
6 >
7 > The browser is operating in its offline mode and cannot connect to the
8 > requested item.
9 >
10 > * Is the computer connected to an active network?
11 > * Place the browser in online mode and try again.
14 > My computer is surely connected to an active network, I can wget without
15 > problems, and of course I can go to the File menu and switch off the
16 > stupid "Offline" mode, but I don't want to do that every time I start
17 > Firefox, so why does he put me in this mode in the first place? What can
18 > I do to have Firefox start normally, like it does in Debian?
19 >
20 > It's a pity that Linux applications start to behave more and more like
21 > MS-Windows ones - they do what THEY think is best instead of letting the
22 > user do what he wants. I want to browse the web and I am online, while
23 > the stupid program thinks I am offline, and prevents me to browse the
24 > web.
25 >
26 > --
27 > Miernik
28 > http://miernik.name/
29 >
30 > --
31 > gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list
32 Do you compile your filefox with networkmanager USE flag?
33
34 oahong
35 --
36 Hong Hao oahong@×××××.com