From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-user] {OT} did my cell carrier block tethering?
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2013 15:30:12
1 Wireless carrier "Carrefour" in Spain seems to have blocked tethering.
2 It worked last year but not now. DNS seems to work but nothing else.
3 Tethering does work if I switch SIMs to carrier "Movistar". I tried
4 changing my laptop's UA to match my phone's, but no luck there. I
5 couldn't get the PdaNet+ app to work but the EasyTether app actually
6 does allow tethering to work.
7
8 Does this sound like it's definitely a case of the carrier blocking
9 tethering? Does anyone know how an app like EasyTether works? Does
10 all of my traffic route through their servers?
11
12 - Grant