From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] best filesystem for Gentoo
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 04:40:06
1 Colin Copley wrote:
2
3 > Hi List,
4 >
5 > Any comment on the best filesystem to use for Gentoo running a
6 > webserver, I prefer more speed and less journaling, is there a standard?
7
8 I don't run a webserver or anything but if you don't want journaling,
9 ext2 may be good. I don't think it has any journaling at all. Of
10 course, there are a lot of file systems out there to pick from. I use
11 reiserfs on all mine and it works well, even when the power fails. It
12 also does fine on a Compaq Proliant 6000 server with quad 200MHz CPUs.
13 It is a slow rig but I don't think the journaling takes up that much CPU
14 time. It always shows 0%.
15
16 It's a thought, until a serious guru comes along. ^_^
17
18 Dale
19 :-)
22 To err is human, I'm most certainly human.
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list