From: Jim Cunning <jcunning@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Strange sunbird segfault
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 05:35:18
1 I normally keep mozilla-sunbird calendar running on my desktop. Occasionally,
2 I find that it has disappeared and when I attempt to restart it, it fails with
3 a segfault. It has happened twice now that I have been unable to restart
4 sunbird for a matter of several hours, and then with no other change to the
5 system and otherwise normal activity continuing, sunbird starts up fine.
6
7 The information on a konsole when starting and failing is:
8
9 jcunning@jlc64 ~ $ sunbird
10 Xlib: extension "Generic Event Extension" missing on display ":0.0".
11 Xlib: extension "Generic Event Extension" missing on display ":0.0".
12 Xlib: extension "Generic Event Extension" missing on display ":0.0".
13 Xlib: extension "Generic Event Extension" missing on display ":0.0".
14 Xlib: extension "Generic Event Extension" missing on display ":0.0".
15 /usr/libexec/mozilla-launcher: line 119: 25986 Segmentation fault $(type
16 -P aoss) "$mozbin" $xulparams "$@"
17 sunbird-bin exited with non-zero status (139)
18
19 When it finally starts OK the "Generic Event Extension" errors also appear,
20 but the ap seems to run without problems. The event extension problem is
21 something else I need to resolve, but I don't think it's related to sunbird,
22 as gvim and other applications starting also get them.
23
24 Anyone have any suggestions where to look when sunbird segfaults again?
25 --
26 Jim