From: Maxim Kremenev <ezotrank@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Strange firefox segfault
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 07:43:03
1 Maybe u try exec firefox in console and send output ?
2
3 On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 8:22 PM, Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.edu> wrote:
4
5 > Disclaimer: I am using a hardened x86 system.
6 >
7 > Just now I updated to Firefox 3.0.5 (which is now keyworded stable). I
8 > found that starting firefox is no problem, nor is basic, normal
9 > browsing. What is a problem is the hot-keys!
10 >
11 > In short, if I tried to type Ctrl-N for a New Window or Ctrl-T for a
12 > New Tab, firefox segfaults.
13 >
14 > I can click, using the mouse, File->New Window, and the New Window
15 > will start with no problem. I can click File->New Tab, and the New Tab
16 > will start with no problem. I can use middle-click to open a link in
17 > new window with no problem.
18 >
19 > I just cannot use the Ctrl-* keyboard short cuts.
20 >
21 > I tried this with both my normal profile and an empty profile. The
22 > behaviour is the same.
23 >
24 > The strace output looks to me like complete gibberish.
25 >
26 > Does anyone else have the problem? What else can I do to check whether
27 > the problem is on my end? If I were to file a bug report, what kind of
28 > information may be useful?
29 >
30 > Thanks,
31 >
32 > W
33 > --
34 > THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE
35 > <<<< ladybree@ >>>>
36 > We'll begin with box, the plural is boxes;
37 > But the plural of ox is oxen, not oxes.
38 > One fowl is a goose, but two are called geese,
39 > Yet the plural of moose is never meese.
40 > You may find a lone mouse or a whole nest of mice,
41 > But the plural of house is houses, not hice.
42 > If the plural of man always is men,
43 > Why shouldn't the plural of pan be call pen?
44 > If I speak of a foot and you show me two feet,
45 > And I give you a boot, would a pair be called beet?
46 > If the singular is this and the plural these,
47 > Should a plural of kiss ever be keese?
48 > We speak of a brother and also of brethren,
49 > But though we say mother, we never say methren.
50 > Then the masculine pronouns are he, his and him,
51 > But imagine the females - she, shis and shim!
52 > Sortir en Pantoufles: up 779 days, 16:53