From: Gian Domeni Calgeer <gidoca@×××.ch>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Palm Desktop to Kontact?
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 17:13:14
1 Am Dienstag, 1. August 2006 18:46 schrieb Samuel Baldwin:
2 > Hello. A friend of mine runs a small business, all on Windows and
3 > Macintosh.
4 >
5 > After having an extremely good experience on my Linux machine, I have
6 > talked him into switching some of his computers to Linux.
7 > On his "Business" machine, he checks email, manages documents, browses the
8 > web, and manages a database of people, with Palm desktop. Since these tasks
9 > are fairly easy to be done on Linux, this will be his first machine.
10 > Unfortunately, his Palm Desktop database is so huge, it would take days to
11 > enter the database by hand into Kontact, or another program that does the
12 > same thing.
13 >
14 > So, is there a way to get the information from Palm Desktop into Kontact,
15 > in a relatively easy manner? I don't mind doing some work and jumping
16 > though some hoops to get it done, but we definately want to avoid entering
17 > everything by hand.
18 >
19 > Thanks,
20
21 Hi
22
23 AFAIK Palm Desktop can export vcf-Files (vCard), and KAddressbook/Kontact can
24 import them.
25
26 Gian
27 --