From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Simple SMTP to cmd-line MTA relay?
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2018 18:06:36
1 I need to setup an SMTP relay server.
2
3 It needs to accept messages as an SMTP server (using SSL and AUTH on a
4 non-standard port) from a single user and single source and then relay
5 them by passing them to a command-line MTA (e.g. /usr/bin/sendmail
6 replacement provided by msmtp).
7
8 It only needs to handle a few messages per week, and doesn't need to
9 handle more than one connection at a time.
10
11 exim?
12 postfix?
13 emailrelay?
14
15 What I can't figure out for the above is how you configure them to
16 send the mail using a command line MTA like /usr/bin/sendmail or
17 /usr/bin/msmtp instead of initiating a network connection to an SMTP
18 server.
19
20 I'm currently using something I wrote in Python, but the SSL support
21 in the 3rd party SMTP module is broken and I don't relish trying to
22 fix it.
25 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! SHHHH!! I hear SIX
26 at TATTOOED TRUCK-DRIVERS
27 gmail.com tossing ENGINE BLOCKS into
28 empty OIL DRUMS ...