From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Proxy server problem
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2013 10:22:54
1 On Saturday 24 Aug 2013 10:47:53 Grant wrote:
2 > I set up squid on a remote system so I can browse the internet from
3 > that IP address. It works but it stalls frequently. I had similar
4 > results with ziproxy. I went over this with the squid list but we got
5 > nowhere as it seems to be some kind of a system or network problem.
6 >
7 > http://squid-web-proxy-cache.1019090.n4.nabble.com/squid-3-3-5-hangs-the-en
8 > tire-system-td4660893.html
9 >
10 > Can anyone here help me figure out what is wrong? I'm not sure where to
11 > start.
12 >
13 > - Grant
14
15 Just a quick pointer in case it applies to you: if you tunnel into the proxy
16 machine (using ssh, VPN, proxychains and what not) you would suffer from
17 packet fragmentation, which could quickly snowball. In this case try reducing
18 your mtu to lower values, than the default ethernet 1500 byte packets, to
19 cater for the overhead of the larger tunnelling headers.
20
21 HTH.
22 --
23 Regards,