From: Mark Pariente <markpariente@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] boot problems
Date: Sun, 04 May 2014 01:56:31
1 I had a similar issue after upgrading to sys-apps/systemd-212-r3. Turned
2 out it was due to udev rules.d directory location. I still had a bunch
3 of udev rules under /usr/lib64/udev/rules.d and it looks like the new
4 systemd/udev is only looking at rules under /lib/udev/.
5
6 The particular issue was that the RAID device (/dev/md127 in my case)
7 was no longer auto-assembled because the udev rules installed by the
8 mdadm package were still in /usr/lib64/udev/rules.d instead
9 of /lib/udev. This required me to re-emerge mdadm which then installed
10 the udev rules into /lib/udev.
11
12 Unfortunately there were many other such packages affected. I just ran
13 'equery belongs' on all files under /usr/lib64/udev/rules.d and
14 re-emerged all respective packages which fixed all issues.
15
16 --Mark