From: Alain DIDIERJEAN <alain.didierjean@××××.fr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] no keyboard no mouse
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 12:47:38
1 ----- Mail Original -----
2 De: "Adam Carter" <adamcarter3@×××××.com>
3 À: gentoo-user@l.g.o
4 Envoyé: Vendredi 24 Juin 2011 14h07:02 GMT +01:00 Amsterdam / Berlin / Berne / Rome / Stockholm / Vienne
5 Objet: Re: [gentoo-user] no keyboard no mouse
6
7 >> No you just need to rebuild it, so emerge xf86-input-evdev
8 >
9 > This problem hit me too.  Can you give us an explanation for needing to
10 > rebuild evdev?  Was there some missing dependency in an ebuild, or
11 > something?
12
13 If you update xorg (which OP didnt list, but a new version just went
14 stable) you need to rebuild its drivers (unless they were
15 automatically rebuilt due to version bump).
16
17 I think portage should take care of that... but obviously it doesn't
18 I solved the problem by rebuilding xf86-input-evdev after booting on an unbuntu livecd then chrooting... Took some time.
19 As for using portage 2.2, it's listed as ~*2.2.0_alpha41, too early for me.
20 Thanks all for the help
25 Alain DIDIERJEAN Puisque ces mystères nous dépassent
26 Feignons d'en être l'organisateur