From: Chris Stankevitz <chrisstankevitz@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: OT: new printer suggestions?
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 20:16:35
1 On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 9:15 AM, Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > For my Brother printers, having net-print/cups and
3 > net-print/foomatic-filters, is sufficient. I'm not doing anything with
4 > scanning or the like, though.
7 Michael,
8
9 Are you saying that you were able to print to your brother printers by
10 more or less following these steps:
11 1. buy a computer, install gentoo
12 2. buy a brother printer, plug it into computer via usb
13 3. emerge net-print/cups and net-print/foomatic-filters
14 4. Visit the local cups webpage, add new printer, select "brother"
15 5. print
16
17 Notably missing from my list is a visit to brother's website (or any
18 other website) to download drivers/binaries/confs/etc.
19
20 Thank you,
21
22 Chris