From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Gnome downgrade / g_malloc_n
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 22:05:37
1 On 06/11/2010 01:55 AM, SpaceCake wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > After a few week of testing 2.30 release of Gnome using Gnome Overlay, I've decided
5 > to revert back to the stable tree. Now almost everything is compiled successfully,
6 > but a few ebuilds cannot be compiled. The only similarity I can found is this:
7 >
8 > undefined reference to `g_malloc_n'
11 > I've tried to recompile the related packages, but it does not help.
12
13 That symbol is defined in glib-2.4, which is not in the stable tree. You
14 haven't recompiled the right package(s) yet, because something is still
15 linked against glib-2.4.
16
17 Have you tried revdep-rebuild? In theory, that should find the broken files
18 and re-emerge them using the older glib-2.2.n.