From: Ian Hilt <ian.hilt@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] grub weirdness
Date: Wed, 07 May 2008 00:24:49
1 On Tue, 6 May 2008, »Q« wrote:
2
3 > When I try to boot, the word GRUB gets written to the screen
4 > over and over and over, filling the screen. Pressing keys,
5 > AFAICT so far, doesn't stop this. The screen is just filled
6 > with "GRUB", and I think it's an ongoing thing because of a
7 > little flicker at the bottom right.
8
9 <quote href="http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/grub-error-guide.xml#doc_chap7">
10 7. GRUB GRUB GRUB GRUB GRUB ...
11
12 Situation
13
14 Code Listing 7.1: Grub Output
15
16 GRUB GRUB GRUB GRUB GRUB GRUB GRUB GRUB GRUB GRUB GRUB GRUB GRUB
17 GRUB GRUB
18 GRUB GRUB GRUB GRUB GRUB GRUB GRUB GRUB GRUB GRUB GRUB GRUB
19 GRUB GRUB GRUB
20 ...
21
22 Solution
23
24 According to airhead this can be caused by having your bios
25 detect your disks automatically. Try to set your bios entry to
26 User Type HDD.
27
28 Another possibility is that you had Grub installed on your MBR
29 and tried reinstalling it (for instance due to hard disk changes)
30 but used the wrong setup and root commands.
31 </quote>
34 Ian Hilt
35 ian.hilt (at) gmail.com
36 GnuPG key: 0x4AFC1EE3