From: maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] ftp -- connection refused
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 16:02:37
1 Hi everyone,
2
3 Can't get this thing to work on a crossover LAN. Pings
4 OK, route etc. I've edited the /etc/hosts file every
5 which way. Currently it's
8 127.0.0.1 sarawak localhost
9 192.168.0.2 xlan yeti
10 # IPV6 versions of localhost and co
11 ::1 ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
12 fe00::0 ip6-localnet
13 ff00::0 ip6-mcastprefix
14 ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
15 ff02::2 ip6-allrouters
16 ff02::3 ip6-allhosts
17
18 The other PC is similar but with the address of the
19 present machine, natch.
20
21 Turning on debug elicits the following:
22
23 Servname not supported for ai_socktype.
24
25 But it's not completely non-functional, iptraf reveals
26 a burst of activity when the connection is attempted.
27
28 This should work. It worked with the same PCs a few
29 months ago before I wiped the drives and started over.
30
31 -Maxim
35 Do You Yahoo!?
36 Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
37 http://mail.yahoo.com
38 --
39 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list