From: Arctic Paintball Oy <aps@××××.fi>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] 2.6.9-r1 kernel bug?
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 08:34:32
1 Couldnt find anything on this googling around. Am I missing something or
2 is this a bug?
3
4 How is it possible to try to read beyond the end of device on the loop
5 device? Or should i use dd? Is this a bug or are the files damaged. I cant
6 check the old contents any longer so md5sum is not an option.
7
8 To bad this packaging is totaly idiotic (i mean iso image of bin/cue
9 ;-) ). I was trying to make it a little easier to use without double
10 packaging
11
12 dmesg output:
13 attempt to access beyond end of device
14 loop0: rw=0, want=790536, limit=790528
15 Buffer I/O error on device loop0, logical block 197633
16
17 umount temp/
18 mount image.iso temp/ -t iso9660 -o loop
19 cp temp/* .
20 cp: reading `temp/image.bin': Input/output error
21 cp: reading `temp/image.cue': Input/output error
22
23 TIA
24 Christian
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list