From: Chuanwen Wu <wcw8410@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: alsa-user@×××××××××××××××××.net
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] speakers have no sound in Gentoo, but work in Ubuntu
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2008 05:43:27
1 Hi, thanks for your help! It works!
2
3 But I think this line
4 > options snd-hda-intel model=dell-3stack
5
6 should be:
7 options snd_hda_intel model=dell-3stack
10 > Once that is done, save the file and run:
11 >
12 > update-modules
13 >
14 > Once that has completed (you may need to update-modules --force if it
15 > complains). Simply reboot the computer or restart the alsasound service.
16 > Note, some programs/applets using ALSA may crash if you unload/reload the
17 > sound card.
18 Yeah, it's very weird - It changed the theme of my Xfce and when I
19 enter the "Xfce Setting Manager", the original theme return back, even
20 although I had not actually done setting yet.
24 wcw
25 --
26 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list