From: Paul Colquhoun <paulcol@×××××××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Emerge and binary packages
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2018 22:34:20
1 On Sunday, 1 July 2018 3:50:47 AM AEST Daniel Frey wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > Some background: I run mythtv with a single backend and five frontends.
5 >
6 > For many, many years I've been using binpkg to help ease the compile
7 > pain on my Intel NUC Celeron-based frontends. I use distcc on one to
8 > compile all my packages and export /usr/portage/packages via nfs.
9 >
10 > I am wondering if it's possible to get emerge to mount
11 > /usr/portage/packages before actually emerging anything. I've been
12 > mounting that directory manually but once in a while I forget to.
13 >
14 > Dan
17 Maybe a wrapper script or an alias like this might be a simple solution.
18
19 alias emerge="mount /usr/portage/packages ; /usr/bin/emerge "
20
21 Put that in your .bashrc file and it will be ready for you every time you
22 login.
23
24 A wrapper script in your ~/bin directory might be better, as it would let you
25 unmount the directory after emerge has finished. You may need to add that to
26 your execution $PATH variable in .bashrc
27
28 ~/bin/emerge
29 #!/bin/bash
30 mount /usr/portage/packages
31 emerge $*
32 umount /usr/portage/packages
36 Reverend Paul Colquhoun, ULC. http://andor.dropbear.id.au/
37 Asking for technical help in newsgroups? Read this first:
38 http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#intro