From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] network interface names in gentoo
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2017 23:33:30
1 Without tweaking anything in particular (as far as I remember), I get
2 the "predictable" names. For example, on the desktop box where I'm
3 writing this, the main interface is enp3s0.
4
5 But, of course, there's no systemd on this box, and never has been. So,
6 reading [1], I am somewhat puzzled: that page sure makes it sound as if
7 systemd was responsible for the new style names. What is the mechanism
8 by which they appear on gentoo, if not systemd?
9
10 [1]
11 https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/PredictableNetworkInterfaceNames/
14 Please *no* private Cc: on mailing lists and newsgroups
15 Personal signed mail: please _encrypt_ and sign
16 Don't clear-text sign:
17 http://primate.net/~itz/blog/the-problem-with-gpg-signatures.html