From: Jeff Cranmer <jcranmer01@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Grub problems - Success
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 01:18:46
1 Nice suggestion.
2
3 I pulled the RAID card, and moved the remaining SATA card from SATA4 to SATA1.
4 I then was able to successfully install Mandriva Linux (quickest distro to test) with no grub startup problems.
5
6 By proceeding step-by-step with reinstalling the RAID card, I should be able to figure out whether having the SATA main drive not on SATA1 or the RAID card broke it, and hopefully get a multi-drive system running without having to purchase another SATA compatible drive.
7
8 Thanks
9
10 Jeff
13 -----Original Message-----
14 >From: David Relson <relson@×××××××××××××.com>
15 >Sent: Oct 29, 2006 9:14 PM
16 >To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
17 >Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Grub problems
18 >
19 >On Sun, 29 Oct 2006 21:02:43 -0500 (GMT-05:00)