From: "Sebastian Beßler" <sebastian@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Display on HDMI-connected TV to large
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 18:42:44
1 Hello,
2
3 recently I changed my dual-head setting from fglrx and old zephod to
4 xf86-video-ati, KMS and xrandr.
5 Nearly all works great, since KDE 4.4 even that, but the display on my
6 TFT-TV is a bit too large on all sides so that it doesn't fit completely
7 in. It is only a cm or so on all sides that overlap but it is really
8 annoying.
9
10 My normal monitor is a 19" Widescreen TFT connected via DVI to old 15 Pin
11 VGA connector and runs at 1440x900.
12 My 19" TV is connected via HDMI and runs at 1280x720
13
14 The same configuration worked perfectly in zaphod mode so that it is
15 possible with this hardware. But as zaphod is more then less broken and
16 without priority I changed to xrandr.
17
18 I have a Radeon 3650HD with x11-drivers/xf86-video-ati-9999
19
20 xrandr says:
21 metatron@Shao ~ $ xrandr
22 Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 2720 x 900, maximum 8192 x 8192
23 HDMI-0 connected 1280x720+1440+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y
24 axis) 708mm x 398mm
25 1280x720 60.0*+ 50.0
26 1024x768 60.0
27 800x600 60.3
28 720x576 50.0
29 720x480 59.9
30 VGA-0 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
31 DIN disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
32 DVI-0 connected 1440x900+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
33 408mm x 255mm
34 1440x900 59.9*+
35 1280x1024 75.0 60.0
36 1280x960 60.0
37 1152x864 75.0
38 1024x768 75.1 70.1 60.0
39 832x624 74.6
40 800x600 72.2 75.0 60.3 56.2
41 640x480 72.8 75.0 66.7 60.0
42 720x400 70.1
43
44 I can't figure it out by myself and google shows nothing that helps.
45
46 I hope someone here can give me a useful hint.
47
48 Greetings
49
50 Sebastian