From: Michael Schreckenbauer <grimlog@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New install on x86 and login to KDE fails
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 18:12:19
1 Hi Dale,
2
3 Am Donnerstag, 25. August 2011, 08:14:55 schrieb Dale:
4 > Hi,
5 >
6 > I mentioned in a thread a week or so ago that I was going to install
7 > Gentoo on another box for a friend. Anyway, I got everything done and
8 > now I run into this problem. I found a thread on the forums but it
9 > seems to have just fixed itself. That's not working here tho. This is
10 > the xsessions error file for the user:
11 > <snip>
12
13 try disabling compositing via kwinrc before kde starts up
14 Open .kde4/share/config/kwinrc, go to the [Compositing] section and change
15 Enabled= true to Enabled=false
16
17 > Thanks.
18 > Dale