From: bn <brullonulla@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] The Great Macbook Update 3: Qt-4.5.1 to Qt-4.5.3 blocks hell
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 12:01:56
1 Alan McKinnon ha scritto:
2 > Basically, the most important thing to sort out is those qt blocks. You appear
3 > to be running an arch machine as version 4.5.3-r1 wants to be merged, right?
4
5 Yes, x86 (sorry, I forgot that)
6
7 > Trying to merge just qt-gui (or any other individual qt apps) is not really
8 > going to help much, as portage does not do a deep search. Try:
9 >
10 > emerge -avuND world
11 >
12 > and see if portage sensibly sorts out what should replace what. You might need
13 > a very recent portage for this to work automagically.
14
15 Good advice. emerge -avuND world indeed seems to find the blocks as
16 self-resolving. However, since it wants to update/install a LOT of stuff...
17
18 ( "Total: 414 packages (286 upgrades, 94 new, 5 in new slots, 29
19 reinstalls, 2 uninstalls)" )
20
21 ...I would like to update the thing piece-by-piece, to troubleshoot
22 better whatever happens.
23
24 > If not, you can either
25 > unmask portage, emerge portage and try again, or if you don't like that
26 > approach, you must do it the older, longer way:
27
28 I could do it, if I have some safety option that allows me to downgrade
29 portage later, in case I find problems. I am quite conservative with
30 this system (it's a machine I use for day-to-day work) and I wouldn't
31 like to have it borked.
32
33 > remove every single qt and/or qt-* package from world (qt should be treated as
34 > pure dependencies unless you are developing qt apps)
35 > unmerge *everything* in qt
36 > emerge -avuND world
37 >
38 > and let portage sort out what qt versions must be installed.
39 >
40 > Then you must remerge all of KDE4 and every other package that uses qt. Don't
41 > skimp this step becuase it 'takes a long time' - you will surely regret it
42 > (random mysterious failures etc that only go away when you finally do update
43 > all of KDE)
44
45 Ok, this seems the safest option.
46
47 > Once qt is out of the way, proceed with any other blockers that remain
48
49 Ys, qt is my mainproblem. I have another udev related block in the world
50 update, but *seems* unrelated.
51
52 Thanks!
53 m.