From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Category change for ebuild in overlay
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 18:48:55
1 On Tuesday 05 December 2006 19:13, Grant wrote:
2 > I had an ebuild in my overlay under the web-apps category and I just
3 > changed that to www-apps. How can I tell portage that
4 > web-apps/interchange is no longer installed and www-apps/interchange
5 > is?
6
7 Packages that move between categories or slots in the tree are handled by
8 fixpackages which read from ${PORTDIR}/profiles/updates. There is no support
9 in portage for doing the same in an overlay. Personally I'd just unmerge it
10 and afterwards remerge it from it's new category. I really think that's the
11 easiest approach for this..
14 Bo Andresen