From: Hinnerk van Bruinehsen <h.v.bruinehsen@×××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge -uD @system with lots of blocks!
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2014 12:34:14
1 On Thu, Jan 09, 2014 at 01:01:28PM +0100, Tamer Higazi wrote:
2 > I want to update the system and then world, but still have a lots of
3 > blocks and don't know how to solve that.
4 >
5 > emerge error output:
6 > http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=XTKQHUjk
7 >
8 > On the gentoo forums nobody could help me.
9 >
10 > Perhaps here any ideas ?!
11
12 Hi,
13
14 try updating system and world at the same time. You have packages in system on
15 which other packages in world depend. Try emerge -uvDNa @system @world
16 If that doesn't help add backtrack as stated in the error: emerge -uvDNa
17 @system @world --backtrack=30
18
19 Most likely this will solve your issues. If not you could unmerge blocking
20 packages but imho that's not a neat way. I'd rather emerge some selected
21 packages manually (gobject-introspection and vala would be good candidates in
22 your case) [use -v1 or you'll end up with a horribly cluttered world file].
23 If that doesn't work either it may be possible that there is no working upgrade
24 path due to a too large version difference. In that case you could try to
25 emerge intermediate versions manually (emerge -v1 =<atom>-<version>)...
26
27 WKR
28 Hinnerk