From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 'Insufficient space to store' on a network share
Date: Thu, 08 May 2008 08:46:33
1 On Thursday 08 May 2008, Vladimir Rusinov wrote:
2 > Hello.
3 >
4 > I have the file server which exports /usr/portage/ via smbfs. It is
5 > mounted in following way.
6 > /dev/xxx to /usr/portage (~512M)
7 > /dev/yyy to /usr/portage/distfiles (~10G, 7G currently free)
8 >
9 > I'm mounting smb://fs/portage/ to /usr/portage (rw) on my clients,
10 > and when I'm trying to fetch huge package portage tells me
11 > "Insufficient space to store" (and yes, df -h shows that there are
12 > about 200 Mb free, but I'm sure that distfiles/ have enough space).
13 > How can I omit this error and force portage not to check my
14 > diskspace.
15
16 That's a silly idea. The reason portage checks such things is to avoid
17 running a command that is guaranteed to fail, and you are trying to
18 bypass that.
21 What is the package you are trying to fetch, how big is it, how much
22 disk space do you have free (full df -h please) and what is the full
23 output to the console?
26 Alan McKinnon
27 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
30 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list