From: Alon Bar-Lev <alonbl@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problems with loop-aes
Date: Tue, 06 May 2014 21:51:01
1 Checkout[1]
2
3 [1]
4 http://alonbl.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Gentoo/Linux_Disk_Encryption_Using_LoopAES_And_SmartCards
7 On Tue, May 6, 2014 at 9:31 PM, Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org> wrote:
8
9 > I'm trying to set up USB-key-encryption for use with a laptop. I'm
10 > running mdev instead of udev on the laptop, so lvm doesn't work. I did
11 > manage to create /dev/mapper/control by running "dmsetup mknodes"
12 > manually, but still got error messages about being unable to initialize
13 > the encryption backend.
14 >
15 > Moving on to using loop-aes, I emerged sys-fs/loop-aes-3.7a and used
16 > the "loop-aes" variant commands whilst following the the only docs that
17 > I could find, namely http://loop-aes.sourceforge.net/loop-AES.README
18 > I ran into problems when trying to mount the loop device. Here's what
19 > happens (passphrase is properly entered)...
20 >
21 > [aa1][root][~] loop-aes-losetup -F /dev/loop0
22 > Password:
23 > ioctl: LOOP_MULTI_KEY_SETUP_V3: Invalid argument
24 >
25 > Anybody have any ideas?
26 >
27 > --
28 > Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
29 > I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications