From: Mike Kazantsev <mike_kazantsev@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Disable remote login for certain user
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 06:46:17
1 On Fri, 16 Jan 2009 21:28:07 -0800
2 Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Should I do that via an ssh config setting, in shorewall, or somewhere else?
5
6 I believe the right way would be to add 'account required
7 pam_access.so' line to /etc/pam.d/system-auth and define login
8 restrictions in /etc/securety/access.conf (it's also quite well
9 documented).
10
11 That way you'll block ssh/ftp/mail etc logins for that account, which
12 should also be prone to brutforce attacks because of weak password.
13
14 The catch is, of course, that you should have pam on your system ;)
17 Mike Kazantsev // fraggod.net