From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ALSA problems after UDEV-103 upgrade [SOLVED]
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 21:30:11
1 On 12/18/06, Arend von der Lieth <lieth@×××××××××××.de> wrote:
2 > Hi Mark,
3 > Mark Knecht wrote:
4 >
5 > > That appears to be a testing version of udev. Do you always run testing?
6 > >
7 > > As for the mixer message please try removing /etc/asound.state and
8 > > then restarting Alsa. You will probably need to set mixer levels using
9 > > alsamixer or whatever mixer is appropriate for this device.
10 >
11 > Wow, I cannot believe that it was that easy (after all I tried). Thank you
12 > very much.
13
14 you are very welcome!
17 > Now there is just a minor problem that my MIDI device is not detected
18 > correctly, but that's not that crucial.
19
20 I'm not much help with MIDI. I don't like Linux MIDI so I still do all
21 of that in Windows. Maybe one day....
24 > I O U a Br,
25
26 I accept. Next time I'm in Germany or you're in the SF Bay Area we
27 must get together.
28
29 Cheers,
30 Mark