From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] NFS & static ports - driving me crazy...
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 13:11:45
1 On 2013-12-31 7:30 AM, Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > I've made the following changes to the following config files:
3 >
4 > /etc/conf.d/nfs
5 >
6 > OPTS_RPC_MOUNTD="-p 32767"
7 > OPTS_RPC_STATD="-p 32765 -o 32766"
8 >
9 > I've also changed the lockd ports
10 >
11 > /etc/sysctl.conf
12 >
13 > # You should compile nfsd into the kernel or add it
14 > # to modules.autoload for this to work properly
15 > # TCP Port for lock manager
16 > fs.nfs.nlm_tcpport = 4001
17 > # UDP Port for lock manager
18 > fs.nfs.nlm_udpport = 4001
19 >
20 > But when I try to mount the remote filesystem, I see the outbound
21 > request being blocked by the firewall.
22 >
23 > If I open up the port in the firewall, it mounts immediately.
24 >
25 > But after a reboot, the next time I try mounting it, some other random
26 > port shows up in the firewall logs...
27 >
28 > This can't be all that difficult... I must be missing something obvious.
29
30 # rpcinfo -p
31 program vers proto port service
32 100000 4 tcp 111 portmapper
33 100000 3 tcp 111 portmapper
34 100000 2 tcp 111 portmapper
35 100000 4 udp 111 portmapper
36 100000 3 udp 111 portmapper
37 100000 2 udp 111 portmapper
38 100024 1 udp 32765 status
39 100024 1 tcp 32765 status
40
41 Again, this system is NOT running an NFS SERVER, I am only trying to use
42 the nfs CLIENT to mount a remote NFS share - so, is the above what I
43 should expect to see? something tells me no...
44
45 Shouldn't the lockd ports be showing up to?