From: Hans-Werner Hilse <hilse@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] remote login help
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 10:00:53
1 Hi,
2
3 On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 00:21:56 +0100 krgn <k.gebbert@×××××.com> wrote:
4
5 > I am using ddclient to get to my router (which works) but can login
6 > to my machine behind the router (ssh for now, ftp and http later).
7
8 Is that router a machine running linux or is it one of those little
9 consumer appliances?
10
11 Did you configure it to pass incoming connections on SSH port to the
12 target computer in DMZ?
13
14 Do you have netfilter running on the target machine? Is it configured
15 to allow incoming SSH connections? Can you give us the configuration?
16 Did you monitor traffic on that machine, e.g. with tcpdump?
17
18 -hwh
19 --
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list