From: David <david@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] apache https setup
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 14:40:44
1 Mick wrote:
2 > On Friday 17 July 2009, Roger Mason wrote:
3 >> Hello,
4 >>
5 >> I'm trying to set up an apache https server. I keep getting "Page Load
6 >> Error" when trying to connect. I'm using apache 2.0.58. I've generated
7 >> certificates, worked my way through various problems and apache starts
8 >> OK, asking me for the passphrase for the certificate, but it is not
9 >> serving up pages.
10 >>
11 >> The error_log contains this:
12 >>
13 >> [Fri Jul 17 13:30:01 2009] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not
14 >> exist: /usr/htdocs
15 >>
16 >> The error is correct in that /usr/htdocs does not exist, but I have
17 >> set 00_default_vhost.conf to serve documents out of:
18 >>
19 >> DocumentRoot "/var/www/htdocs"
20 >
21 > I think that you have not configured your vhosts right, otherwise you would
22 > not be getting the error about /usr/htdocs - that is probably the default
23 > directory path in your apache configuration?
24 >
25 > I cannot access a gentoo apache server at this moment to compare and you don't
26 > really show nearly enough info from your configuration files, so it may be
27 > worth having a look at this old wiki page (but take it with a pinch of salt
28 > as things may have changed slightly since):
29 >
30 > http://www.gentoo-wiki.info/HOWTO_Apache_VirtualHost_by_IP_Address
31 >
32 > HTH.