From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: KDE4: Constant crashes in conjunction with Konsole
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 20:11:09
1 On Donnerstag 20 August 2009, Frank Steinmetzger wrote:
2 > Am Donnerstag, 20. August 2009 schrieb Keith Dart:
3 > > === On Thu, 08/20, Nikos Chantziaras wrote: ===
4 > >
5 > > > The 'dmesg' command and the ~/.xsession-errors
6 > > > and /var/log/Xorg.0.log files should contain the specific error
7 > > > messages.
8 > >
9 > > ===
10 > >
11 > > X errors might actually be in /var/log/Xorg.0.log.old by then.
12 >
13 > Sorry for not answering earlier, but I rebuilt another kde4 version,
14 > starting from a clean system backup. I'm finished now and had my first test
15 > login. Of course, the problem is still there, but neither dmesg nor any
16 > Xorg*.log contains glibc.
17 >
18 > ~/.xsession-errors however was a little more informative, but only a
19 > little. I've attached the relevant parts, but they don't tell much.
22 startkde: Could not start ksmserver. Check your installation.
23 KCrash: Application 'ksmserver' crashing...
24
25 check your permissions - and make a rebuild of glibc&co