From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] make dev / udev question (1394 related)
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 21:40:06
1 Hi there,
2 When I emerged libraw1394 it tells me there is no /dev/raw1394 device:
3
4 ********************************************
5 Required /dev/raw1394 device file not found.
6 Run 'make dev' to create it.
7 ********************************************
8
9 which is correct:
10
11 mark@godzilla ~ $ ls /dev/raw1394
12 ls: /dev/raw1394: No such file or directory
13 mark@godzilla ~ $
14
15 Question is how should that be created on a udev only system? The
16 Linux1394 web site gives this set of commands:
17
18 # Compile libraw1394:
19 cd /where/you/downloaded/libraw1394
20 tar xvfz libraw1394-1.1.0.tar.gz
21 cd libraw1394-1.1.0
22 ./configure
23 make
24 make install
25 # Create the raw device (/dev/raw1394):
26 make dev
27 # Reboot:
28 shutdown -r now
29
30 which would have made the device. Is the fact that the device isn't
31 created a problem with the ebuild? Even if it was, how should this
32 really be created for a udev system? A rule somewhere in some
33 udev.conf file?
34
35 Thanks,
36 Mark