From: Laurence Perkins <lperkins@×××××××.net>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Re: Full battery laptop only 1 hour
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2022 17:11:01
1 Note that most batteries these days in anything more complex than a watch have "smart" charge controllers and so upower or similar can read what their design watt-hours and current maximum capacity are. Also, often the total charge or discharge rate. That plus a little math should tell you if it's an aging battery or if your machine is simply failing to idle down for some reason.
2
3 LMP
4
5 -----Original Message-----
6 From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
7 Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2022 4:46 PM
8 To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
9 Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Full battery laptop only 1 hour
10