From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] Release Engineering meeting tomorrow
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 23:32:45
1 since there's been a lot of discussion lately about releases, I thought
2 I'd forward this FYI:
3
4 On Tue, 2008-01-22 at 14:20 -0800, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
5 > Apologies for the late notice, but Release Engineering is having a
6 > meeting tomorrow (Wednesday, January 23rd) at 2000 UTC. The meeting is
7 > being held on IRC at #gentoo-releng on irc.freenode.net and will be open
8 > to the public, but will be moderated. A question and answer/open floor
9 > session will follow the meeting. All users and developers are welcome
10 > and encouraged to attend.
11 >
12 > We will be discussing the following items:
13 >
14 > - 2008.0 release time line and goals, features
15 > - Automated regular internal release builds
16 > - How to more involve the community in our release process
17 > - How to more involve the developer community in our release process
18 > - What do we want to do with the Gentoo Store
19 > - What financial needs do we have, or where are we hurting for hardware
20 > - What failed with 2007.1 and what can we do to improve
21 >
22 > If you have further ideas that you would like to see discussed, please
23 > reply on the gentoo-releng@l.g.o mailing list. We will be
24 > posting logs of the meeting on the http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/releng
25 > project space after the meeting, in case any of you miss it.
30 Where does it go when you flush?
33 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list