From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] openoffice 2.0 - compiling or binary
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 16:16:29
1 On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 09:35:48 -0500, Ernie Schroder wrote:
2
3 > Actually Neil, you're right, the 8 hours that it takes to build OO is
4 > not down time, but try playing poker on-line while it's running.
5
6 No thanks, I'm broke enough as it is :(
9 I can
10 > never remember to do those long builds while I sleep so I end up, in
11 > this case, and for firefox, going for the immediate gratification.
12
13 Setting PORTAGE_NICENESS in /etc/make.conf helps.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 A printer consists of three main parts: the case, the jammed paper tray
20 and the blinking red light.