From: David W Noon <dwnoon@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] corefonts being depcleaned?
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 22:15:29
1 On Wed, 19 May 2010 22:30:03 +0200, Dale wrote about Re: [gentoo-user]
2 corefonts being depcleaned?:
3
4 [snip]
5 >Yea, it has times, ariel and a few others that I use a lot so it has
6 >to stay. I was going to try without it but I use those a lot. Ariel
7 >is really good for me to read with these old glasses.
8
9 Arial is simply the TrueType clone of Helvetica, which is part of the
10 htmldoc package. So, try using Helvetica instead, as it should
11 render a bit cleaner since it is a PostScript font. It will also allow
12 you to get rid of the MS fonts, eventually; all of the "core fonts"
13 have PostScript equivalents.
14 --
15 Regards,
16