From: John Jolet <john@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Help with backup script
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 14:45:20
1 On Mar 2, 2006, at 8:23 AM, Paul wrote:
2
3 > On Thursday 02 Mar 2006 12:49, John Jolet wrote:
4 > snip
5 >> mount -t smbfs //lkg5f.homenet.com/DISK 2 /mnt/someplace
6 >>
7 >> if the share is password protected, after the smbfs, add -o
8 >> username=whatever,password=whatever
9 >>
10 >> only root will be able to do this. You might want to try to avoid
11 >> spaces in your share names in the future...just makes things easier
12 >> on the unix side.
13 > I hace tried the above commands with and without username and
14 > password but all
15 > I get is the usage message, no indication of an error.
16 >
17 that message indicates you did not type it as shown. they probably
18 are the same, but I'm an old guy and this was before cifs... :)
19
20 if you NEED a password but don't pass it, you'll get a permission
21 denied error. if you get usage, you mucked the syntax. try it
22 exactly as I had it above, but replacing the mountpoint at the
23 end..and if it fails, cut and paste EXACTLY what you typed.
24
25 > I was going to try Harry Putnam's solution of using cifs but it
26 > seems to me
27 > that the commands are exactly the same except for the file system.
28 > Any other ideas please
29 > Paul
30 > --
31 > This message has been sent using kmail with gentoo linux
32 > --
33 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
37 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list